Flu shot – yes or no in 2013? Featured by Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine treating 300+ holistic and medical conditions in Scottsdale (Phoenix), AZ. Call 480-240-2600.
Flu shot – yes or no in 2013?
Submitted by Dr. Martha Grout, M.D., M.D.(H) at the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine Cancer Center, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Az.
A press release from the American Academy of Pediatrics reads: “special efforts should be made to vaccinate people in the following groups: children who have chronic medical conditions that increase their risk of influenza complications, like asthma, diabetes, immunosuppression, or neurologic disorders; family members and others who are in contact with children with high-risk conditions and children under age 5 (especially children under 6 months of age); all health care personnel; and women who are pregnant, are considering pregnancy, have just delivered or are breast-feeding during influenza season.”
Contrast the above image with a policy statement by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, written in a letter to the Colorado Board of Health: “AAPS, a national organization of physicians in all specialties, objects to the mandatory immunization of health care workers (HCWs).”
And with the response of health care workers…
From the Associated Press we read: “Patients can refuse a flu shot. Should doctors and nurses have that right, too? That is the thorny question surfacing as U.S. hospitals increasingly crack down on employees who won’t get flu shots, with some workers losing their jobs over their refusal.
“Where does it say that I am no longer a patient if I’m a nurse,” wondered Carrie Calhoun, a longtime critical care nurse in suburban Chicago who was fired last month after she refused a flu shot.
What is wrong with this picture? If health care workers are refusing vaccination with the flu shot, do you think they might know something that the establishment would prefer not to broadcast?
It reminds me of the Monsanto campaign in California, to prevent label requirements on GMO foods. If the foods are so wonderful, one would think that the manufacturers would be thrilled to have them labeled – free advertising, right? If the vaccines were so innocuous, there would be no need to force healthcare workers to receive them. They would be thrilled to get their annual flu shot, would they not?.
The concept of vaccination is sound – give someone a dose of an attenuated version of an illness – cowpox instead of smallpox – so that their immune system can make a response which will protect them against the more severe illness. It worked pretty well for smallpox – that illness has been pretty much eradicated world-wide. But as with medicine, just because one dose is good does not mean that more doses are better.
If vaccinations can cause development of specific antigens to the content of the vaccine, they can also activate what are called “bystander” antibodies – things to which we have been exposed in the past and whose memory is encoded in the so-called T-memory Tmem cells – that might explain why some children get so ill after vaccination. It also, in theory, might explain why some people are protected against other illnesses at the same time as they receive their flu protection.
Of course, there are always those who become very ill with flu-like symptoms after vaccination. And there are still the children who stop talking after their 14 month set of five or six immunizations. Some of them recover. Some do not. And what about those people with transplanted organs? They, with their weakened immune systems because of the anti-rejection drugs that we give them, are high on the list of those who “should” be vaccinated against flu.
The current flu vaccine contains one of the same influenza strains from last year and two new ones. It is reported to be 60% effective. Six out of ten people may be protected. Four out of ten are not. Having a seizure with fever after flu vaccine is not a contraindication to receiving another flu vaccine. In other words, if your child has a fever and a seizure after receiving a flu shot, it’s OK to give your child another dose of the same thing that caused the seizure in the first place. I have a hard time with that recommendation. What does not appear in all the posters and radio talk shows urging us all to get vaccinated is the complete list of ingredients in a vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website has a list of vaccines and excipients (non virus-related ingredients) which is pretty interesting to read.
Download the PDF file from Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website, click here .
For instance, one of the pentavalent vaccines given to small children (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hemophilus influenza, Hepatitis B) contains a lot of ingredients that do not appear to be related to the flu virus.
- Formaldehyde – widely used in construction to make particle board. This is the chemical which caused so many people to fall ill in the FEMA trailers in New Orleans after the big hurricane. It is associated with an increased risk of leukemia.
- Gluteraldehyde – widely used in hospitals as a disinfectant, associated with increased risk of cancer when taken orally but not when inhaled.
- Aluminum hydroxide – used as an antacid in the medical world. Aluminum salts vary in their toxicity, but overall aluminum is highly toxic to the nervous system.
- Aluminum phosphate – also highly toxic to the nervous system, thought perhaps to contribute to the rising rates of autism world-wide.
- Polysorbate 80 – widely used in the food manufacturing industry as an emulsifier to keep fatty ingredients dispersed in the food, and in the cancer industry to keep drugs dispersed in solution so they can be administered. It is known to cause severe allergic reactions.
- Neomycin sulfate, polymyxin B – anti-fungal antibiotics to keep mold from growing in the vaccine cultures. Substitutes for the highly neurotoxic mercury salt, thimerosal, which used to be used in children’s vaccines prior to 2002.
- Yeast protein
- Calf serum (from calves blood)
- Several different growing media, mostly based on animal protein, both blood and milk
- Last, but not least, monkey kidney cells.
Two of the five flu vaccines listed contain a mercury-based preservative as one of the ingredients, as well as MSG and egg protein:
- Thimerosal – a mercury salt, one of the most highly neurotoxic compounds known to humankind. Two of five manufacturers of the flu vaccine use thimerosal in the manufacturing process; present at higher concentrations in multi-dose vials.
- Monosodium glutamate MSG – neurotoxic, excitatory, used as a flavor-enhancer in many manufactured foods, not just in fast food.
- Beta-propiolactone – The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified beta-propiolactone as a Group 2B, possible human carcinogen.
So… 60% effective by the most favorable estimates, containing several neurotoxins, monkey kidney cells and egg protein. And… it has to be taken every year, according to the powers that be, because it is not effective from one year to the next, since the flu virus mutates so rapidly.
So what do we have to offer as an alternative?
At the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine we can help you detoxify your body, clean up your gut, clear out your liver, learn how to exercise (if you don’t already), learn how to prepare healthy food, restore your immune function, and reboot your system. It only takes 30 days. Give us a call to find out how you can do this 30-day cleanse.
View additional information on body detoxification on the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine website, click here.
The Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine reminds you “The choice is yours.”
 http://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/AAP-Updates-Recommendations-for-Flu-Vaccine.aspx?nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR%3a+No+local+token Downloaded 01-19-13
 http://www.aapsonline.org/index.php/article/colorado_influenza_letter/ Downloaded 01-19-13
 Zhang L, Sonawane BR et al. Formaldehyde and leukemia: epidemiology, potential mechanisms, and implications for risk assessment. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2010 Apr;51(3):181-91. doi: 10.1002/em.20534.
 Zeiger E, Gollapudi B, Spencer P. Genetic toxicity and carcinogenicity studies of glutaraldehyde–a review. Mutat Res. 2005 Mar;589(2):136-51.
 Riihimäki V, Aitio A. Occupational exposure to aluminum and its biomonitoring in perspective. Crit Rev Toxicol. 2012 Nov;42(10):827-53. doi: 10.3109/10408444.2012.725027
 Tomljenovic L, Shaw CA. Do aluminum vaccine adjuvants contribute to the rising prevalence of autism? J Inorg Biochem. 2011 Nov;105(11):1489-99. doi: 10.1016/j.jinorgbio.2011.08.008.
Find, Follow, LIKE and See us everywhere at ‘AdvancedMedAZ’.